Eireguitar, I use Melodyne for a lot of things. Pitch correction, smoothing our lead tracks, note alteration. I haven’t used the TC helicon unit in a while I used to use it with Real Band to play live music. Setting up a midi track to control when it came on, and what parameters it used. Sometimes I use it for a backing vocal, other times I sing the back ground myself them process it with numerous different plugins.

As far as mikes I have a shure 58 and a couple other dynamic mikes, plus an Audio Technica AT 2020 condenser mike. I have collected these through the years.

There is so much truth to what Tony said above regarding an audio interface. It literally with be the heart of your studio. As far as DAWs the only reason I suggest waiting is that until you tap out RB which will natively open any Band in a Box files and allow adding vocals and personally played tracks. It also allows chopping up and adding things sometimes better than bigger names DAWs. For instance no other DAW can add a RT as fast as RB. Does. Sure with the new plugin you can do that but not with the options in Realband.

I will say Tony is right in that other DAWs have some cool features and sometimes RB can fight back a bit, but it is more capable that some give it credit for. I find that it seems to do things a little different from other DAWs, some food some bad. But overall it can do a great job.

Either Cakewalk or Reaper will be solid for you. I would prefer cakewalk, but that’s just me. I always found Reaper to scattered for me. I had to set everything up, add this, route that. I spent a lot of time setting it up each time. Yet that is the very thing those who use it love. (Don’t need a lecture on templates) Cakewalk for free is a great deal. If I couldn’t use Studio one by Presonus I would use cakewalk by Bandlab.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 01/30/20 02:54 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.