Hi floyd,

This is an incredible testimony to your prowess as a singer, songwriter, arranger and producer. From every perspective, you get the gold medal for this. (I love your vocals especially).

I'm sitting here and listening through my headphones. The sound I'm hearing is awesome. No-one who encounters this song would think that it's a product of backing generation software. It's so easy to 'see' the group who is performing this inside my mind.

I've listened to this a few times this morning trying to isolate the loops that you've used. It's been time very well spent! The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the loops are seriously helping to boost the feeling of 'contemporary music' in this arrangement. Honesty, the sound radiates super-professional in stereo!

And the way these lyrics flow using the combination of meter, rhyme and lack of rhyme is incredible. I love that the hook is not rhymed; it really makes it stand out.

Below is how I see/hear the lyrics from a technical perspective. The hook scans as either 3 or 4 feet (using poetic terms).

How the word "dangerous" is sung makes determining the meter of the hook line a little harder. As I hear it, it's sung with three equally weighted syllables -- thus the word is 3 feet long. This makes the line 4 feet long. From a dictionary's perspective, though, "dangerous" has a stong-weak-medium syllable-strength pattern. As this makes the word only 2 feet long, the line then scans as 3 feet.

At the end of the day, though, the meter of the hook line doesn't matter because it has no rhythm-and-rhyme relationship to any thing else in the song… it stands alone. That's the important bit and, most significantly, this is was makes it stand out as the hook... brilliant craftsmanship.

In the chorus where the 2-2-3, 2-2-3 meter runs rampant, it's so good how you set the listener up with this very engaging lyric rhythm by using it three times. Then you pull the rug out from under the listener by interrupting the balancing fourth lot of 2-2-3 and using the title line! This surprise factor enhances the impact of the hook incredibly well.

Lastly, I congratulate you on creating a lyric that is easily changed to accommodate a female singer. It’s very versatile in this regard.

Yet another work of songwriting art!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024