Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
....time to upgrade and not avoid an inevitable.
I hear you...so really you all, I'm not looking at that option in any sort of serious way by this point, particularly as I've already sent it to repairs once in the last 5 years and it didn't stick. Sending it again to repairs and expecting different results?! I mean, that's just the definition of insanity, innit grin
So it's about option 2 or 3 from here on, peeps, alright cool

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
If I were you and accepted the fact it's time to upgrade your keyboard/controller I'd ask myself what midi options path suits you personally.
Do you prefer having on-board sounds with your keyboard?
OR
Do you prefer just a controller to access the other midi options/patches that are available?
Well, that's the ultimate inner debate I'm having, innit. I mean, I don't really need a top sounds piece if the top price tag that came with it was just too steep, you know. That's why I'm keeping the controller solution in the picture to begin with.
The sounds and features of my old thing, which I think hold up to standard quite well today, still (amazingly) all work, it's just the keys that have crumbled... so the sounds & features of whatever "full" replacement would have to be pretty impressive for me to consider it worth the equally "full" price. The 'problem' is, those that fit that bill admittedly do exist out there, like the aforementioned PA series.

I am actively looking at both of these solutions, this thread is just my way of further outsourcing the task, so to speak cool

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)