Misha " For some reason I had a few soloist (that I liked) in a row that did not want to play from the first beat, no matter how many times I pressed regeneration button."

John "Could very well be, especially for soloist RT's (versus accompaniment RT's), that the soloist phrase that was played just happens to start on the third beat. Probably depends on the soloist."

Misha "It is underlying algorithm thing for sure, that is ignoring regeneration in specific places. I was trying to find a solution to workflow, without involving DAW..."

So your soloist is starting that phrase on the third beat as John notes but that may be specific to the RealTrack you've chosen. Filter to search by your soloist artist in the RealTrack Picker and you may find there are other RealTracks by your soloist that don't share the same phrasing where the first two beats are skipped. It's also possible the soloist is using the same instrument and same settings so you can seamlessly get audio from that RealTrack to work with your solo.

I use this feature a lot and posted more detail in the Tips and Tricks Forum earlier this year. This can be done from the BIAB Mixer without need of a DAW but it's quicker, more intuitive and easier in RealBand.

In the Tips and Tricks post I found artist Dwight Sills had 8 RealTracks and they all used the same guitar and tone settings. Each RealTrack had a different feel, some swing and some even. They had different tempo's and some were soloists and some were rhythms. But there were phrases in each of the different RT's that I could use and were appropriate for a unique solo I created in a BIAB song. The RealTrack Picker listed a lot of different genres the RealTracks would fit. I posted a Soundcloud link to the song I created the solo from all the different RealTracks in my Tips and Tricks post.

If only 10% of the additional audio from these tracks is found to be compatible with my song's solo track, that's still a considerable increase of material to select from. In your case, you only need a single bar that starts on the first beat. That should be quick work. I found this to be a very useful feature with a lot of applications.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=574903#Post574903

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.