Have to admit Icelander, as you can tell from my sig below, I'm running a 30+ year old DX7II. Have many times thought about getting a newer more featured keyboard. Maybe it's just me but I'm hung up on the fact that I'm playing a classic, not only that but it has as many memories of me as I have of it! We're both becoming vintage collectables!

These days its sounds are dated but since I use it with newer modules and VSTi's, it still functions well as a controller...maybe your's might as well.

Aside from that, if you are using it for sound generation or if you can't use it as a controller; I would have to agree with the others above...maybe its time to move on. The likelihood of having yet another repair to an instrument that old heavily depends on finding someone these days that understands that older technology and can get parts...not very likely although they'll gladly take you money with a smile!

As for me, if the DX dies I'm going all out with a controller, VSTi's and MIDI modules.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3