A DX7 is an exception. It's a true classic, and still has a great action talk about built like a tank! It not good for acoustic piano sounds it's basically an electric piano and began the whole FM synth revolution. All modern keyboards have "digital piano" patches as opposed to Rhodes and Wurlies and they're all based on the DX7. If I had one of those I wouldn't get rid of it either. That is worth repairing and there are plenty of techs who can do it.

Speaking of classics an older Kurzweil PC series is one of the best controllers around as well as having about 1,500 sounds. Those are full blown professional stage keyboards. A PC2 X which is the 88 key version would be under a grand if you can find one. I have a newer PC3 76 which is 76 keys with a synth action. I'm putting it up for sale soon because it's just too heavy for me to schlep to gigs any more but it's still a great board. They have been selling for under a grand too. A PC3 88 would be more than that but you rarely see one for sale used.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.