This is all very interesting, but maybe it's time I should narrow things down a bit here for the purpose of further discussion/suggestions:

I'm leaning now more towards a full replacement rather than an added "controller", so I'm primarily looking for an instrument that has (at least) the full GM & GS sound set on board, as well as accompaniment functionality, because that's precisely what I'm about to lose when my existing Roland KR model finally caves in for good.
So, while it so happens that the piano sound & 'hammer action' keys of my Roland is in fact its flagship (lifted straight from one of their dedicated DP instrument at the time, as I understand it) and is what I'll miss the most purely due to the quality of these, I am not looking for a designated "Digital Piano" instrument as defined by today's terminology. I simply cannot do what I need/want to be able to do with that kind of a keyboard.

Having that hopefully cleared up: I was already aware of the Genos/Tyros series (not keen), but only just very recently heard of Korg entering the market in that particular genre (PA series, very impressed so far), which made me wonder what else is out there that I simply haven't heard of?
If I can attempt to steer this discussion towards that from here on...

Last edited by Icelander; 02/12/20 07:37 AM. Reason: Correcting mistakes

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)