Hello, Mr. Williams...

"This time with feeling" you said casually before commencing your recording of, Red Sky Blues. Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, you needn't have spoken out loud that wish (though I know it was simply your instructions to your fellow musicians, right?), 'cuz your vocal and instrumental performance revealed such a depth of feeling, perhaps bittersweet in taste, that it caused me to close my eyes willingly and 'fall' into the song, as though my heart was waiting for the experience of listening to it. To my ears, it has a kind-of-familiar, laidback, 60's rock-bluesiness sound that was helped along immensely by the fullness and color of the descending chords strummed by the rhythm guitar. It's a bit mesmerising, actually, a song that could make a body stop whatever else it was doing just to 'vibe' on the sense of the place and time where the thoughts expressed in the lyrics came to life.

I think Red Sky Blues creates a deeply-felt mood that has a musical 'presence' all its own, Mr. Williams. I'm real glad I gave it a listen.

Truly,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Last edited by bluage; 02/15/20 08:24 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".