Steve & Dave: Mike, Pipeline and you are all correct.

The BIAB Audiophile version is 16-bit. Yes, requests have been made for a 24-bit version but to my knowledge, there is nothing announced by PG Music. I have a vague recollection of some forum discussion here about how the RealTracks were recorded and it MAY have said 24-bit, but if so, that's the format PG Music MAY have and not what they have made available to us.

When you save a 16-bit file to a format of 24-bit, you gain nothing in quality and lose some file space on your drive. The only reason you might want to do that I can think of is if you want to mix files of different bit rates and the DAW you use doesn't do that. Most DAWs I am aware of will make the conversion internally, and most people have (or should have) their DAW set to work internally in 24-bit for the added mix headroom reason given by Mike.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors