Quote:

Just a bit expensive, for a gear that is no more built, and support for how many time ?
no alternative gear at all ?
I hear a lot of system to control lwirelessly some midi software. like with a DS of nintendo or an i-phone
here's someone who try
http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2006/11/nintendo-ds-hacked-into-cool-wireless.html
http://code.google.com/p/dsmi/downloads/list

It would be a great if there"s anybody that can program something like this for BIAB

You don't need to wait for BiaB 11 ... You can have it now!

I've got another idea that some of you might be interested in. Actually I can't take full credit for this as an electronics engineer friend of mine suggested it when I was ready to toss out some of my electronics 'junk'.

Originally I had been thinking about setting up another PC to act as my media 'server' for my home network. Really, the idea was to be able to watch Internet movies, MP3 downloads and my wife's photography business all from the comfort of the living room via this server and then wirelessly on to a receiving unit on my entertainment center. Well then after I got researching things (which took awhile), I found that I could use a MS-Xbox as my receiver and thus, save me the cost of buying a $300 dollar receiver (plus this would encourage my wife to say yes).

Well, one thing led to another and my electronics friend seen how many bins full of old computer parts and stuff that I had and well ... He starts rumaging around and pulls this out ... then that .... by the time he was done, he had my stuff all over the living room floor!

Long story short ... Anyone who has ever used a programmable / learning-type entertainment center remote control can figure this one out ...

I took an old Radio Shack infrared send/receive unit that I was gonna throw out and I put the send unit in the living room and the receiving unit in proximity of my server in the family room. Remember, those old things were not RF (radio frequency), they were line of sight infrared. Now these units used RF to send from the sending unit to the receiving unit (via a little antenna like your FM radio has). Then the receiving unit takes your remote control signal and relays that onto anything in it's sight that is waiting for a signal. So ...

Next step is, I took an old PC infrared receiver that came with one of my old Diabetes testing machines. The new one's simply plug into the USB port to download my readings. The old one's were simply a IR receiving device that goes to a 9-pin Serial Port (remember those days)? Well, then the IR unit attaches to a 9-pin to USB adapter. Plug it in and even Win/7 see's it and it's ready to receive any signal sent out by your Radio Shack IR unit. So, now we have one unit in the living room (the send unit), one unit in the Family Room where this server PC is (the receiving end of it), and now an IR receiver attached via Serial Port and then onto the USB port. Got the picture? Next, assuming you're using Vista or Win/7 or Windows Entertainment Pack, you simply start up your Windows Media Center software (comes already packaged with your operating system).

Next step is to connect your TV (or as in my case the HD home theater receiver) using an HDMI cable. Finally comes programming your learning-type remote control (to take control of your PC via the Windows Media Center software via the IR signal bounced through to the other room). Now the cool thing about this is that for the cost of ... well almost zero for me, I'm able to control my PC (a network server) from the Living Room and I now have access to all my song files, all my photographs, all my HD videos, all Internet browsing and all Internet movies (many of which are absolutely free)! But, that's not the kicker ... The kicker is that since I've linked all MP3, MIDI and even MDU files to run BiaB, I can do the the same thing that you're doing with this feature you've mentioned here .... and then some!

It's really a lot easier than you think too. If you don't think you can do this, take a copy of this post down to your Radio Shack or electronics store and they'll set you up with just exactly what you need. Oh, and by the way, I found out too that Playstation now provides this same service as the X-box 360 does. Anyone who is subscribed to Dish Network or Directv or Hughesnet can get info about this feature on their web sites.

One last thing ... for those of you who don't like wires or who have a long distance from your server PC to your television / entertainment center / home audio system, there's a solution for you. You can purchase a totally wireless send/receiver for your HDMI and the nice thing about these is that you'll be able to control output to other TV's in the house! Is that nice or what!

Ike