Hi Deej,

This is....

Where do you get your ideas from??? Does taking vitamins help? I'd love to get some of this kind of inspiration! These lyrics are extraordinary.... actually I'd better back up a bit first smile

Firstly, I'm a huge fan of AABA and you've presented a variation of it that I cannot recall hearing but it worked s-o-o-o-o well. The format I usually use is A1, A2, B, A3, Instrumental, B(repeat), A3(repeat). What you did by leaving out that third A-section before launching into the instrumental was a songwriter's equivalent of Van Gogh's expertise. Just wow! And that B-section... man it soars!

Your band is superb and your production and your singing are breathtakingly excellent.

As I sat here travelling with your lyrics, you lifted me out of the mundane and into a world of delight. It was such a good journey. The whole concept of being caught up in the death-throes of a rat-race existence and managing to survive by allowing one's imagination to bring some Tuscan escape and freedom is wonderful. I wish I had your ability to craft such tantalising, eidetic imagery.

You've really pulled out all the stops with this one.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024