Hmm, yes, OK, point taken.

I'm sensible, well behaved and security aware, but there are severe threats and there are idiots.

Back somewhere around year 2000 we learned that our company had inadvertently made our full list of usernames and passwords publicly accessible in an encrypted file. It took only half an hour to decrypt that file. There were lots of stupid passwords, including that of the then financial director, whose password was his surname.

I hadn't intended this to become an OS advocacy thing, so I'll stop here on OSs.

I will add that I've just bought a copy of 2020 to try.

I'm running it at present in VirtualBox on a Linux host and it seems to be running just fine. I do not yet have USB/MIDI through to the VirtualBox, which might prove to be an issue, but it's too early to say.

I plan also to try the VST running inside a Linux VST host. I'm encouraged enough by what I've seen so far that I'll put some effort into it if needed.

The other thing I'll add is that 2020 addresses well my main complaint with the 2013 on which I gave up ... the interface is now clean, tidy and no longer overwhelming.

Good job guys.

Even if I don't succeed with BIAB somehow on Linux, I think I'd be comfortable using the new interface even on that notepad computer ... good grief, have I really had that notepad since at least 2013?

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.