Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Only the last two DT direct and pushes are improvements.

The rest are bugs. PGM has already released the feature and it does not work Properly

And PG sadly - infuriatingly - does this all the time.

I could have actually gotten on fine with BIAB as it was many years ago - before even plugin hosting was included - with just basic use for practice - generating real tracks. etc.

But I've now paid *specifically* for newer release when a particular **very desirable for me** feature was finally "delivered".

First it was ability to host AU /VST plugins. Delivered badly with both bugs and clear missing features - things that one would expect in an app that hosts plugin instruments but wasn't included.

Then came Piano Roll editing in Mac BIAB. Again - released a few months after the yearly release cycle - and delivered in a lets say sub-optimal fashion, making it - at the very least - no fun to use.

Lastly came the addition of a true BIAB plugin - and as everyone well knows - it barely resembleses what it needs to be - it was very buggy in its initial period, extremely slow to regen - and I haven't even begun to get onto the missing features that Rob Helms mentioned.

There is a pattern here. Franky I feel like I've merely been paying an upgrade fee in order for PG developers to carry on working. Subsidising them. Because the three features they "delivered" are delivered in a rushed state and with a grudging attitude towards making these fear polished.

I could forgive them for Piano Roll. I understand that apparently few people use it on Macs. But then thats hard surprising given how dreadful the GUI Implementatons of these things are.

I could also forgive PG once they introduced the BIAB VST/AU plugin. * if * the thing actually worked as one would expect... because I'm much happier using the Piano roll in my DAW to record my own parts than the built in piano roll.
But fact is the BIAB plugin isn't ready for prime time with DAWs either.

Last edited by nonchai; 02/23/20 03:52 AM.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda