Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan,

Loved this.

Reminded me very much of a British band in the 80s called Shakatak, who you
won't have heard of, but who had a good line in funky jazz-pop.

I need to listen to this track again, late at night and with the lights down low.

I know you're going through difficult times, but I hope all's going well with you and Di.

Take care old friend,

ROG.

Hi ROG!

Always a real treat to hear from you. Glad you enjoyed the song. And you are correct ... I've never heard of Shakatak. But love the name! Funky JazzPop and Jazz Rock are two genres I really enjoy. I went to YouTube and listened to about half a dozen of their songs ... great stuff! I particularly liked "Night Birds". I also like the Duke Robillard Trio quite a bit.

I have a question for you: When singing lyrics to a song, why do British performers almost always use the American pronunciation for words such as "Dance", "Can't", etc. I've always wondered about that!

Take care, my friend. I will pass on your kind words to Di. And yes, she's having a really tough time. We both appreciate your kindness. Best to you ...

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops