Dan,

Wonderful to see a post from you after all this time. I'm glad to read you are doing well. Even better to know the studio is still around and that you are even deeper into music than you were nine years ago back in 2011.

In addition to Band-in-a-Box the forum now has many, many Reaper users so you will feel right at home.

There have been some significant advances to Band-in-a-Box and RealBand in your absence. Time and pitch stretching is much improved thanks to the integration of Zplane Development's Elastique Pro V3. There are now more than 3100 hours of RealTracks audio. Band-in-a-Box supports the use of Acidized audio loops. Midi SuperTracks are created by musicians instead of a pattern generator. Most likely though the most significant feature is multi-riff.

Users can highlight part of a RealTrack and up to seven variations of the highlighted part are created. Multi-riffs are available in RealBand and the VST.

I will always be in your debt because of the how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box and Reaper series. It gave me confidence and inspired me.

Last edited by Jim Fogle; 02/27/20 03:54 PM. Reason: Add Multi-riff info.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home