Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear 'blueattitude' and Ms. Christiane Spruit...

Any performer, ANY PERFORMER -- instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, whatever -- who deliberately and purposefully creates a song that addresses the terrifying presence of racism ANYWHERE on this globe, as directly, as courageously, as fiercely, and with such unapologetic righteousness as you two did in your 'buck-stops-here' song, Black Crack in the Wall, deserves a humble, grateful and respectful bow from me! In fact, I'll 'do you one better': I got your back on this mad.

I'm gonna give you a moment to read what I wrote so you can feel the truth, the urgency of what I wrote above...

Okay, time's up smile !!! And now, the 'kudos'. Thank you for your courage. Thank you for your obvious(?) concern about the rise of violent racism in this world. Thank you for not second-guessing your instincts. Thank you for joining the masses of people all over this globe who are trying to calm everybody down so we can clear our heads and start listening to our hearts. Thank you !!!

'blueattitude', you play your guitars as though someone was trying to take them away from you, but I am glad you defended yourself and held onto them smile. Practice pays off, right???

Ms. Spruitt, Ms. Spruitt, Ms. Spruitt...Listening to you exhorting the message behind the lyrics and the dialogue that appears in the video, caused me to think of you as a singing Joan of Arc. The emotional committment you poured into your voice was utterly striking and empowering (to me, at least). Thank you!

As of this moment, this very moment in time, I regard both of you as musical artists who clearly are not afraid to speak out on what concerns you according to the dictates of your conscience. I mean it. If I had medals on hand, I'd pin them on your breast -- uh, I mean, only on 'blueattitude's' breast, Ms. Spruitt laugh laugh laugh.

God bless you, God keep you, God love you, God protect you, and thank you (yet, again) for applying your musical skills towards the solution of a seemingly insoluable social problem.

As forum members 'Bud & Janice' exclaimed, Black Crack in the Wall is "...a song that should be heard by many not just for the message, but for the musicality of it also". Hearin' ya' loud an' clear, 'Bud & Janice'!!!

With my utmost respect and deepest sincerity,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Hi Loren,

I have to tell you that reading your extraordinarily kind review not only made my day, it also made Chris' day. It meant a lot to her to read your words, and she wanted to make sure that you knew that.

Thanks so much!