Haha - I know, Ed, thanks. I didn't mean at all to imply that your use of the word "rambling" was in a pejorative sense :-) but I DO think I "experiment", "doodle" and even "ramble on" at times, haha, and that's what I wanted to say: that I may need to "get to the point quicker" when I write, so as to better communicate what I actually have to say! :-)

Bud: you're incredibly modest, perhaps too much so (who am I to say?). But yes, a little dose of that modesty wouldn't be bad for me, perhaps ... instead of focusing how I can make a better song than the one in the past, perhaps I can be modest about it and realise I CAN get better, etc., because the bar's not that highly set in the first place ;-) Seriously, though - one way or another, your productions (whoever and whatever is involved) are - for me, at least - the benchmark of this forum ... and everytime something new comes out bearing the Janice & Bud hallmark, so to speak, I drop everything and listen as quickly as I can ... and I'm never ever disappointed in any way with what I hear. So ... whatever magical secrets you may have (including modesty and good old fashioned hard work), I want some :-) One last thing: if I could even remotely do what you do, I'd be shouting about it from the rooftops, haha ... but that's just me :-)