Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for the advice: I am quite new, and I'm still just getting the hang of this forum. I posted here because I did not know how to signal a potential bug in the Xtra styles installer. I ran all the other installers without any issue, and only this one changed permissions in this manner. I ran it on a different HDD as well, for extra testing, and it turns out that it does the same thing: it removes the read/write/search permission for the entire BIAB directory for everyone - regardless of where it is located. I will definitely post in the Mac forum section as well, although I am not sure if my post will be able to help anyone.

You asked two extremely good questions. Yes, I am using Band-in-a-Box for Mac. The OS does require special permissions, but I am an administrator and the only user on the system. A possible complication is that I have the developer extensions from Xcode installed. It might be that this issue is connected to Catalina, as it appears it still has some documented bugs in it. It's all just an interesting mystery but it was worth looking into it as now I am able to see all the styles, and use all the RealDrums that the installer had hidden before.

Thanks again for your kind answer,

Luigi