Originally Posted By: MHopcroft1963

What do I look (or listen) for to determine what's different and what I need to do with that middle section?

If you know the chords, you could type them out in a post in this thread, for the main section(s) and the section you're questioning. It,s possible, but not guaranteed, that any key change might be discerned just from the progression. The more chords in that section, the easier it MIGHT be to suggest what key it is in and whether or not this is an actual key change.

For biab purposes, unless you are wanting to create an accurate notation, you can just leave everything in the original key. Biab will play the chords regardless of the key signature set, though some RTs and styles may work better when the key info is accurate.

The only thing I can think of to listen for are repeats of instrumental or vocal melody phrases in that section from the main sections and figuring if the notes are different...Maybe a half-step or two higher??

Last edited by Tangmo; 03/11/20 07:33 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground