Oh my word, thank you, HearToLearn. Just what I needed to hear. You're absolutely spot on ... one can't only dig out diamonds. Everything you said, from giving oneself permission to learn ... to falling in love with the process again, makes absolute sense to me.

I guess I was just feeling down because it felt like I was having writer's block. And the only way I know how to beat that is to keep writing, but I felt without inspiration and as if I was going round in circles.

Ever since typing this post out, I wrote two songs that are on the forum. One is called "I Love You, Always" and the other is "A Sign of Peace". They're both easily (or so I think, at least) some of my best ever. I guess sometimes it's good just to talk and vent? because I was keeping it all inside and writing about my block seemed to open things up a little!

In any case, I'm here to continue writing ... I'll never stop, because I love it too much.

I will definitely look for the book you recommended ... it's good to get out of a rut, whichever way ... so long as, as you say, we take action for it.

THANK YOU.