Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
While I agree that we don't need to panic, acting like it's no big deal is incredibly dangerous and short sighted.

Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
But even mentioning "media hype" is playing into the administrations constant attempts at trying to get the American public to distrust the media.

I'll choose the media over a self serving politician with a rampant history of lying to the public every time.

Well said Bob!

Those who speak dismissively of the dangers of Coronavirus (COVID-19) are potentially causing much greater harm than the media "hyping" those dangers.

The risk is very real. Seniors and those with compromised systems are especially high risk. Many WILL DIE! And if you are not in that age group you can still carry the virus and infect those who are at risk!!!

If the media causes your local Walmart to run low on toilet paper, well, La Dee Dah! So what? On the other hand if the increased awareness causes lots more people to stay at home and that results in fewer people spreading the virus to my parents and yours then that is a HUGE WIN!

One more thing while I'm on my soapbox. After the concerted efforts of government, media and responsible citizens actually succeed in containing the virus, the same folks who are dismissive of the risks will be the ones exclaiming "See, I told ya it was no big deal". SMH!