There's nothing new concerning a huge glut of new cases here or anywhere else. A few hundred here, a few hundred there. 247 confirmed cases in in the entire state of California as of 3 hours ago with a population of about 38 million. Will it go up of course it will. An 82 year old woman with emphysema died while a 89 year old man recovered. Many articles now online by survivors describing basically a bad cold or flu. They say they were scared but ultimately no big deal.

What are we being told to do that we haven't been told to do during flu season for the last 30 years? Wash your hands, stay in if you're sick, cover your mouth and nose if you sneeze or cough, wear a face mask if you're concerned about infecting others but understand they don't help much in protecting you. Did I miss anything?

As far as lack of testing kits in the US yes that has caused us to be way behind other countries. Where are the US cases? Lets assume for a minute that there really are many thousands in California who had bad symptoms over the last few weeks but because of no testing we don't know about them. Wouldn't many of them show up in ER's? Wouldn't those ER's have reported an uptick in respiraitory cases that they now think could have been COVID 19? Any reports like that from ER's anywhere in the country?

In migrant communities all over the country many have no health insurance so they go to ER's. They also tend to live in very crowded conditions like 2 or 3 families in the same house with one bathroom. The ER is their health insurance which is why btw when people like to say there are milliios of uninsured so they can't get care are full of crap. By federal law, anybody can go to an ER and get full medical care with no questions asked. In California especially, those ER's would have been handling many thousands of additional respiratory cases if this virus was so bad and would have reported them by now. An ER waiting room is about the worst place to be if there's a bad virus going around. Whether or not specific COVID 19 testing was available would have had nothing to do with that. If they're sick over the last month or so people would go to the ER and if it was that prevalent and easy to catch the ER's would have been a huge breeding ground.

Where are all those stats from ER's?

I don't trust the Chinese too much but if they actually have millions of cases and untold thousands of deaths and are hiding it I think that story would still get out. This tells me it's not that easy to catch. People and the news are acting like if you walk into a room with an infected person bam, you're dead just like that. They're not actually saying that but the tone, facial expressions and the questions they keep asking guest experts all imply that. Yes, it's huge media hype.

I'm still not overly concerned about this, cautious of course but panicked, oh hell no. This is all about potential. Potentially this is a first step by the aliens us wipe us all out. Potentially this is the worst thing since the Black Plague.

Wait for actual evidence and facts before being freaked out about UPS packages.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.