Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
The second reason is that I am not that good at arranging song (chord structure, etc.), or at least I don't think I am (and maybe that's part of the slump). Also, my PC is dying and I am having trouble recording anything these days.

JPTx3: This is where Band in a Box can really help you overcome those shortcomings in what is called "arrangement." That's when the song lends itself to recognizable arrangement of lines, measures, and keys. The magic of today's music is just how much creative latitude is permitted within our limitations of 3/4 and 4/4 time. The greatest single roadblock to putting lyrics to music is the poet's disregard of the intended musical form.
This won't do you much good if your computer is dying. As long as your gittar holds out, though, you'll be in business. Apparently Ken Burns' "History of Country Music" goes into the theory. You can also find thousands of backing tracks, many made in band in a box, that musicians use to practice with and composers such as yourself use to write lyrics to. I suggest this not as and end, but as a way to improve your collabs, to whip your poems into shape. Words people and Music people have been collaborating for centuries.
Put up some words and give it a shot.

Last edited by edshaw; 03/14/20 03:22 PM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --