The news media is sensationalizing this, no doubt, that's simply what they do.

Those who read/watch the news are misinformed, those who do not are uninformed.

Since some people have no symptoms, other people have mild symptoms, and the fact that there is a severe lack of testing kits, there is no way to know how many cases are out there.

Since there are an unknown number of unreported cases, the reported death percentage is surely lower that what is reported. How much lower? Without knowing how many unreported cases there are in the world, we don't know.

There is no way to know if someone you just shook hands with, served you your lunch, handed you cash/change for a purchase, gave you a receipt, or touched the door knob before you has no symptoms and is a modern equivalent of "Typhoid Mary."

Are we over-reacting? For sure some are and some are indeed under-reacting. That's just human nature.

There really is no way to stop it now. The fact is, sooner or later almost all of us will be exposed to it. I figure the best plan is to protect yourself so that you increase your chance of getting it later rather than sooner. The later you get it, the more the medical system will know about how to treat it.

I guess it's best to err on the side of caution but not to over-react. On the other hand, if you have a compromised immune system, I think it's best to take this very seriously.

I'm going to stay calm, do what I can, keep my immune system up, and figure if I get it, I'll be one of the mild cases. I don't think I've had the flu since the 1980s (I really can't remember), and I catch a mild cold every 15 years or so.

Good luck to all (including myself)

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks