They closed the beaches in many neighboring counties, the parks are closed and the restaurants are take-out only.

The bright spot however is according to an article in our local paper (s USA Today affiliate):

Quote:
... But scientists point with further hope to other studies the prove heat and humidity puts a damper on the spread of influenza viruses.

Low humidity, to the contrary, increases spread of those viruses. An animal study of influenza last year by Yale researchers found that low humidity obstructs immune response by preventing the tiny hair-like structures, or cilia, in airways cells from removing viruses and mucus. It also limited those cells' repair functions. Dry air also hampered the ability of infected cells to trigger the immune system to attack. ...

It's in the mid 80s with some very low 90s coming. Summer has hit South Florida.

And the fact that your immune system is crippled by dry weather, it's another good reason to ditch your Air Conditioner.

The fact that I don't live with AC (by choice) might be the reason why I catch a mild cold every 15 years or so and it usually lasts 2 days. I can't remember the last time I got the flu or sick for any other reason. I'd guess early 1980s.

Since we are unemployed from our main profession, Leilani and I are spending our isolation time making new aftermarket products for Band-in-a-Box. So at least we aren't bored wink

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks