Originally Posted By: stevend
Yes, MIke, your opinion is your own.

For us senior citizens, in retirement, and living on a fixed income, upgrading can be challenging....

I perhaps would have been less acerbic had my attempts to reach the support team when I first had problems been helpful...hours waiting on the phone spread over 3- 4 calls in the week without any answer....weeks before an email response was received which didn't really answer the question.

Call it whining if you wish....I call it attempting to hold a company, that I have supported and lauded to many, responsible to its loyal constituents.

But enough arguing...I have better things to worry about like the morbidity and mortality associated COVID-19 in my age group.

Steve
You doubled down? Oh dear... I suppose I've got to answer that.

What does being a senior citizen have to do with it? Are you making an assumption that I cannot understand because I am not? If so, you are wrong on that point, too. Heck, I might be older than you for all I know. Don't let that 2 year old picture fool you.

Otherwise. I sympathize with the fixed income, a luxury I'm unable to enjoy—still gotta work for a living though Social Security makes the total collapse of my wife's and my gigs a bit easier to live with.

Back to the topic of this thread. Are we expected to sympathize with you because BIAB 2020 was released in March instead of September? I'm sorry but I can't do that.

If 2019 had been released in the normal March–May time frame, you would not have purchased it then. We know this because, by your own admission, you purchased 10/30/19 because earlier versions were incompatible with your new OS. The other guy purchased 5 weeks before the grace period. Doesn't change the fact that BIAB 2019 was available in September. That is a good thing, really. I'm still waiting for two of my bread and butter apps to be Catalina compatible. I'm not being figurative here—I use them to try and make a living.

Think about it. Had BIAB 2020 been released in September, this thread would not exist. Period.

If holding off on purchasing the upgrade till September or October 30, 2020 will make you guys happy, then do it.

BTW, if you're having issues with 2019, contact Support so that they can help you. I had an issue resolved via Chat on Friday. I hate being on hold, too.

Meanwhile, my gigs are gone and we figured this would be a good time to send our grand piano out to be rebuilt. It's time for me to get to know BIAB a whole lot better.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5