I’ll lighten the mood for a few seconds. I read this earlier (I made it family friendly):

“Your Grandparents were called to fight in world wars. You are asked to wash your hands and sit on the couch. Don’t screw this up.”

====

Back to not so light. Since this has become a “we are the on the moral high road and some of you are not” thread and I was so hurt after being admonished many posts back to drop this thread (you don’t believe I felt hurt that do you?)

Forum rules: #9 “All of the forums except for the Off Topic forum are for discussions of PG Music products only. The Off Topic forum is used for MUSIC-RELATED discussions that aren't about PG Music products. Please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.”

I'm still looking for the music related and/or CONSTRUCTIVE posts on this thread.

There is nothing constructive on this thread and hasn’t been for many pages. This thread has been reduced, primarily, to a barrage of, listings of, and statements of “the numbers get worse everyday” - That’s what a growth function does it shows increasing numbers, sorry math is math. No to mention lately how the administration sucks, can't be trusted, probably secretly caused this (I just made that one up to make some forum member feel good and to see how many idiots quote it), how "he" stole my free lollipop,...

There are posts with links about hospitals running low on gloves, and masks, and gowns, and beds,… and quotes from famous immunologists and epidemiologists and doctors, and 3rd world expert bureaucrats galore. Al of which we can Google ourselves so why put it here (yes, I'm I hypocrite I you'll notice I put my own links later - LOL).

Folks you truly want to do something “constructive” then offer up you house as mini aide station/hospital extension and move to a tent in your backyard. Frankly if we don’t get our collective heads out, and get back to work NOW, you might just be living there soon enough, think your grandparents circa 1930. Offer up your car, SUV, truck as an ambulance - you aren’t using it to go anywhere anyway. etc.

How is sitting at home and wringing your hands, patting each other on the back about how you care more than the next guy, or doing the old back handed "compliments" and down right frontal attacks on the president (frankly I don't give two turds about whether you trust him, like him, voted for him or not - show support you downright "upright" irresponsible people) is somehow being more “responsible” to or for the world.

FYI - I have zero intention of doing any of the above or anything even remotely like that for my fellow citizens. I did my 21 plus another 30 for them already, so the “kids” can carry it the rest of the way (or not – up to them).

A little background for our new viewers at home watching the “we must worry” or we are being irresponsibility WWW station:

I’m an old guy (Vietnam vet), so I am at least as old as most here and I’m in the CV-19 HIGH risk group. I have heart disease, Type II diabetes, I'm way overweight, I’m a former 4-pack a day smoker when I quite 10 years ago, had lots of respiratory problems as a kid even at that I started smoking about the age of 10 [yea I know you’d think I’d know better but… nope], plus all the run-of-the-mill old guy issues bad knees, bad back, neuroma's in both feet, neuropathy in both feet and legs, macula degeneration, a prostate the size of Texas, plus I’ve probably got a little plaque on the gray matter and scores of other issues but I don't dwell on any of it. All of that was to explain that I’m not outside the possibly affected CV-19 group, who knows I might even get CV-19 and die, crap happens: you're born - you die - that's cold but its FACT - (since we are so fact based here now).

Let us really get the hackles up, as a bonus feature my wife is Chinese, all of her relatives live in Taiwan and that aside SHE agrees: TRUMP IS RIGHT THIS IS A CHINA CAUSED EVENT they hid it for OVER a month while 5M (5,000,000) people departed for all points of the compass to pass it on to all you "administration" haters as well as the rest of the population.

BTW: Come here and call her a racist and she’ll kick you in your nether regions, hard and repeatedly - LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2019%E2%80%9320_coronavirus_pandemic_in_November_2019_%E2%80%93_January_2020#17_November_2019

https://www.businessinsider.com/5-million-left-wuhan-before-coronavirus-quarantine-2020-1

Therefore, I think my views and thoughts on this topic are as valid as anyone else’s here ('m old and at risk and I DON'T stay home). I have just as much skin in CV-19 game as the average member of the U.S. population. Additionally, unlike most of the average U.S. population, at least I’m actual “scientist,” I don’t play one on TV or the interweb. I’m a mathematician, statistician, and operational researcher, with a “way back when” undergrad microbiology minor - so I think I can follow a simple exponential curve without fear, awe, panic, reverence, or other useless affectation.

Some look at an exponential curve and get all tingly inside and think OMG it will go to infinity (and beyond); therefore, the world is doomed: the curve DOES NOT and the world is not. There are always natural boundary conditions, growth limiting and reduction factors (e.g., treatment, cures, other human intervention) that keep most biological exp. curve's in check.

I predict we won’t even break 10M dead world wide. Yes, that’s a big number and cold when and heartless when stated so matter-of-factly, and I'm sorry I know the death of loved ones hurt but it is also part of life. Although, if right 10M would be barely half of the cardiovascular deaths world wide a year (~17.8M) but what do I know. Post me when we get to 10M + 1 to gloat about how wrong I was.

https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-death

If you read to here – you must really be bored out of your skulls!

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20