Hi Larry,

You mentioned in your post above that your wife has relatives in Taiwan. I don't know if this news has made it to the USA but Taiwan is a COVID-19 success story with just 135 cases and two deaths as of March 20.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjqD_9ScTlA

Because of a nasty experience with SARS around 2003, Taiwan learnt from that experience and had measures and strategies in place when COVID-19 was first detected. These measures have proven to be powerful.

In my view, Taiwan should have a place at the World Health Organisation as this country's experience is unique and other countries can learn a great deal from it.

The above video is a very interesting watch.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I'm with you regarding politics. What I find fascinating is...

• this forum is Canadian
  • it is the internet travelling lounge for people from countries spread all around the world
  • even though these forum pages contain comments from many nations, it is, by and large, just the USA comments that branch out into politics

A while ago, there was a post in this thread where someone from the US was demanding their right to freedom of speech. As a Canadian forum, though, there are limitations on how far that freedom can extend. I don't think that that person was aware of this. (As an Australian, when I read that comment, it came across as a little bit arrogant and as out of place on these pages.)

It made me think: "Should I start jumping up and down about my federal and state governments? Am I doing the wrong thing by keeping quiet about Australian politics and COVID-19? I wonder what other forum members from around the world and PG Music would think if I started being noisy, too?"

P.P.S. The above said, I have found the COVID-19 health information and statistics given by a number of people in this thread very valuable and insightful and I appreciate the time and trouble that they have gone to to detail it. For those reasons alone, I think the thread is valuable.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024