I did a test by creating a Bossa Style song using a Bossa Style Demo in Band in a Box (BIAB). I changed the chorus's from 3 to 1 for a 32 bar song.

At Bar 17 (halfway through the song) I opened Bar Settings (F5) and selected the StylePicker Button and changed the Bossa style to a Swing 8 Style.
I generated the song and at Bar 17, the style did change from the Bossa to the Swing Style.

I saved and closed the BIAB file and reopened and regenerated and confirmed the saved file also properly changes style.

I opened the saved BIAB in RealBand

It generated the song but I observed it generated the first style in the first half of the song 1-16 and then generated the second half of the song 17-32 in the second style.

The song played correctly using both styles.

I've attached a screen shot and it clearly shows the style change in the audio wav forms at bar 17.

Don't know if it's any help but changing styles works as expected on my system.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Bossa To Swing Capture.JPG (491.86 KB, 114 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.