Bob, just stop it. Please?

The question when to put everybody back to work is the 800 pound gorilla. What is the timeline? What should it be? What could it be? "The cure is worse than the disease" is a legitimate point to raise.

This is a real debate that is going on right now. This 2T stimulus package is designed to cover a portion of workers paychecks for 4 months. In addition to that $1,200 to each individual making less than 75K. All that does is move this thing from being a total catastrophe to a mere standard disaster.

People are being trained to be very careful now, we all can see it. The behavior is slowly being ingrained into everybody, some more than others. I'm in LA and do taxes. I work from home and the office. The building is only open to tenants with electronic security cards. Swipe to open the door and again to use the elevator. In the office we're all staying apart, lots of sanitizer and wipes. I use fresh paper towels from the mens room to open the door to anywhere then wash my hands all the time.

I'm pretty sure everybody in the country is doing the same thing now. Give it a few more weeks for this safety training to become even more ingrained and I think it will be safe enough for everyone to get back to work. Imagine an office with say 50 people in cubicles and a few are sloppy with this. Trust me the others will come down on them hard and if they don't they'll get sent home.

When I say "safe enough" I'm not saying as safe as it was before, I mean the risk while still there is manageable. Obviously we're not there yet but another 3 to 5 weeks we could be.

Bottom line we can probably agree next week is too soon and year end is too long because if we stay in lockdown until Christmas that would be an economic catastrophe this country has never seen before. Any nation's national security is based on it's economy. The question then is at what time between next week and Christmas do we get back to work?

Don't ridicule the President for talking about that.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.