Look guys, you're not reading and understanding my last two posts about needing to get the world back to work. I'm not talking about now or even a month from now. I only posed a question earlier and I'll rephrase it again and then make a few comments. Here it is:

How long would you shut down the the worlds economies? DO NOT answer "As long as it takes". Give me some kind of answer. Christmas? Sometime next year? If some of you answer yes to that then think about that for a minute because NO government anywhere can support everybody that long. No schools for a year and a half? All sports leagues, concerts, Las Vegas and all that stuff shut down until when, 2022?

I know the numbers and potential numbers as much as anyone here. This virus is now the new normal, it's not going to go away no matter what we do. What does "keeping it under control" mean? What does having a vaccine mean? We've had a decent but not perfect vaccine for the flu for decades yet millions get it and hundreds of thousands die of the flu every year. My guess is unless we're very lucky and this thing mutates itself out of existence, it's going to be with us basically for years, decades even. We can't shut down everything for even one year, much less decades. It's death stats will simply have to be added to everything else we're at risk from.

Just another anecdote from this morning. I was scheduled for my annual physical at the West Los Angeles VA today. It's one of the largest VA's in the country. I got a call from the nurse last week saying they had stopped taking walkins for routine appointments and my doctor would call me for a telephone consult which he did. I need to do the usual annual blood work and he said just check the website and I'll be notified when they think it appropriate to come in for that, he thought 4 to 6 weeks or so. I asked him how many COVID 19 patients they had. He said 1 for sure that he knew of, maybe 2. I was shocked. That's it? I figured at least 10 or 15 by now. And the VA is heavily weighted towards older patients some going back to WW2. The VA is also the largest single health care system in the US. This is in the face of our governor saying he expects 56% of California's population of about 30 million to catch this within 60 days. So he's been telling people over 20 MILLION Californians are going to get infected in 60 days?? Where's the evidence of anything remotely like that anywhere in the world?

I'm sorry folks, call me stupid, call me unrealistic but I really don't see that happening. Not that isn't still very serious but man, give me a break.

Oh and FWIW, the WHO today said Trump is doing great with the response to this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.