Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Noel,

We appreciate your calm, studied data-based approach. We are a bit weary of posts that are overly didactic and filled with imperative sentences.

Thank you,

J&B

Good morning, J&B.

After reading the above this morning, I went and had another look at those picture of your property that you sent a while back. Wow! I cannot imagine a better setting to self-isolate. Your wild azaleas must be coming into bloom around now.

Sitting here at my computer, when I look out the window, I can see my back fence about 15 yards away and two side fences. It looks like these are destined to be my new best friends for the immediate future smile

COVID-19 is worrisome. The good thing, though, is that there is a huge amount of knowledge and experience in the world that is now accessible to all of us via the internet and global media. This makes things a whole heap less frightening.

Australians experienced the value of having ready access to information in our recent bushfires. The fires were the worst that we'd ever seen but the loss of life was the kept well below what had become the norm for such events. People even survived in their homes with fires raging all around them because they had a plan that was based on expertise. Here is one brave young woman who captured some of her journey through the fire on video.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=six3BQ9jSdI

This was pretty amazing to me because I'd never heard of this kind of bravery happening before to such an extent as we saw in these fires. It made me realise that what might seem "impossible" today truly can become "I'm possible" tomorrow.

I cannot imagine what the Spanish Flu epidemic back in the early 1900s must have been like when all anyone could see and know about was their own back yard.

It greatly reassures me that when I want to find out the latest way to deal with COVID-19, all I need do is consult Google and read what experts around the world are saying. Their strategies increase my chances of getting through today. Then, when the worst passes, I'll worry about what comes next.

I hope that all is well for you both and that you stay safe.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024