Glen what DAW are you using?

Are you doing your MIDI editing in BiaB or your DAW?

If you are looking for a GM sound set that sounds as good as the individual sounds of Kontakt, Sampletank, etc, forget about it. Some of those individual sounds are as large as an entire GM set, memory wise.

Yes you can use Kontakt in BiaB. However I do not use it that way. I take BiaB MIDI and drag and drop it into my DAW Studio One Pro. There is where I add my sounds and do my MIDI editing. This makes more sense to me but others may not agree.

Either way for the best MIDI sounds you will have to learn how to assign each BiaB MIDI track to an individual sound source regardless if you do it in BiaB or your DAW. The same is true if you are using hardware that does not have a GM set.

The TX16Wx can be used as a player only. That is how I use it when on occasion I need a SF2 sound, which for me is when I need a GM drum kit. I rarely need such a kit but if/when I do the TX16Wx is my go to SF2 player. There are others available though.

There are also a large number of free VSTis. Some of them are very good.

Let us know which DAW you are using and we can be more helpful.

{edit} - I forgot to mention that SF2s can be used in Sforzando. It will convert them to SFZ files.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/28/20 08:09 AM.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware