Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hi Glen,

Correct me if I am wrong but you are a novice at this right?
Computer Knowledge: Expert, Musician: Amateur, BIAB knowledge: Beginner +, DAW Knowledge: Intermediate.
Originally Posted By: MarioD

If so here is what I would do. Forget about changing sounds in BiaB as you are working with the same low end GM sounds. Drag and drop the BiaB MIDI tracks to Mixcraft and learn how to assign your Kontakt player to each and every track. For now add a different Kontakt player to each track. Then assign different sounds to each track via the player.
I can do this and did it this afternoon. I looked at the factory instruments, and there is a small selection of instruments, and they do sound better. BUT I want to go back to my original question. I don't want to leave BIAB until the last minute. I want to do the song prototyping development as long as possible in BIAB. Then I will move to the DAW.

Perhaps a different example will make it clearer. Today I was working on practicing singing a song. I had a BIAB version of the song ready with chords, and I found a decent style. But I would have liked the "band" to have better sound! I didn't want to move to move to the DAW, because then I lose the view of the song in Chords and Measure.

So, is there any way to make BIAB sound better? Other than a hardware synth.

Glenn