You are still going to use a soundcard, so get that anyway.

I didn't get back to this in time, but there were some questions about whether your sound card would play back audio from, say, YouTube. This is not a valid test. Even the cheapest chips will play back audio. The trick is recording it. You need a sound card with the ability to adjust the ASIO buffer. If I recall correctly, the lowest Scarlett units from Focusrite do not allow that, but if you spend just a bit more, you get a mixer and the ability to adjust the buffer. I use Focusrite Scarlett units, too - I have three, on various machines.

About the better MIDI sound, you are in luck! Someone else just asked about this a few days ago, and there is some solid info you will benefit from. Find that thread.

- I'll see if I can add a link to it. EDIT: here it is: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=588250#Post588250

Take heart. This is going to look like a long topic, and in truth it is. We all strive to get better sound, and there is no one correct and easy answer. Read when I linked to, and then come back with your questions. We have all been there before.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 03/31/20 06:09 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors