Am I going crazy yet?

Nope.

Leilani and I get along so well that 24/7/365 isn't too much time to spent together. In fact, it isn't enough.

We're making new style and fake 'disks' for Band-in-a-Box, and when we aren't doing that, we're spending quality time together.

Yesterday I left my house for the first time in over a week. We went grocery shopping for perishables. It's like living in a Sci-Fi movie. The enemy is invisible and could be anywhere (cue theremin music).

People wearing masks, keeping their distance, wearing mostly blue or purple gloves, spraying shopping carts, looking at each other with suspicious eyes, greeting cashiers behind plexiglass screens, blue tape on the floor where the lines are spaced 6' apart, and so on.

Needing gas for the car, I brought a disposable nitrile glove, touched everything with only that hand, and disposed of it before getting back in the car.

All this just seems eerie to me.

Following advice I brought a small spray bottle filled with 70% alcohol. Sprayed everything including my credit card when I took it out of the reader. We sterilized our hands before touching the car, washed them many times during the trip and first thing when we entered the house.

We unpacked everything outdoors, rubbed down with either diluted bleach/water or alcohol before bringing the groceries in the house. We stripped to our underwear and hung the grocery bags and our clothes on the clothesline (we have privacy in our back yard). We left our shoes outside as well (that part is normal practice for us).

Paranoid? No. We just decided that since some people who recover have diminished lung functionality, and since we make our living with our lungs (voice, sax, flute, wind synth) it's best to err on the side of caution.

The governor put us on a "stay at home" order today, but I've been doing that for weeks already. Since all my gigs have been cancelled, I call it "Economic Isolation" wink

I probably won't have to leave my little half-acre in paradise for another couple of weeks.

Funny result. Every day I walk up and down our dead-end street for a total of 4 miles. Getting in the car and driving down the road at 35mph seemed like I was traveling at light speed in comparison (that wore off in a mile or so).

I do hope everyone is being cautious and that none of my BiaB buddies will catch the plague.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks