Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
re:Mixcraft

Load Kontakt on the track, pick sound/instrument (set other desired parameters as well, channel, port, reverb, ...) then close it for that track if its in your visual road. But Note, that DOES NOT delete or unload Kontakt on that track, it just closes the Kontakt GUI for that track.
Larry, thanks, I did know that and shouldn't have complained, or just complained more clearly wink. I was having trouble getting the Kontakt tracks to play. I could play from my Midi keyboard to the Kontakt instrument on any track, but when I pressed Play, for the track or the piece, it wasn't playing the MIDI track...just silence. So I was leaving the Kontakt windows open, going back and forth, trying things...

The problem was solved by setting the Kontakt player to "Omni", rather than a particular channel. I am not sure where in Mixcraft it specifies the channel/port it is sending info to the Kontakt player. It apparently isn't using the Port A/Channel 1 that seems to be the Kontakt default. (The input channel for MIDI devices is right there on the track, and I have that set to All.)

At some point, I will have to figure out how Mixcraft uses channels/ports to talk to the Player, but for right now I have put that aside in favour of actually working on music. Let me know if you know anything about that setting.

Thanks again!
Glenn