There was no "fix" I was just explaining a few ways to make sound with MIDI using RB and Kontakt. ASIO or MMA are immaterial to your current MIDI problem.

ASIO, MMA, WDM are just different AUDIO drivers (they have nothing to do with MIDI) those drivers are what the PC uses to allow you to HEAR the audio (more complex than that - but for now lets stick to one "problem" area at a time. Although if you you really want more info on AUDIO MMA, WDM, ASIO differences:

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/roland-difference-between-asio-wdm-mme-drivers/

Your current "problem" is, with very high probability, a lack of proper MIDI routing and MIDI configuration from RB into Kontakt to allow it to trigger ANY AUDIO driver, irrespective of whether it is MMA, WDM or ASIO.

Lets go back to basics and verify pure AUDIO first - without confusing it with MIDI troubleshooting. Find a BIAB or RB song and make sure it has at least one AUDIO track, don't worry about any MIDI tracks it might or might not have, then make sure you can play the song from within RB and hear audio with at least one of your AUDIO drivers, then leave the audio settings alone for now until you get your MIDI configured properly.

BTW did you watch that video I linked to previously?? if not watch it end-to-end a few times until you UNDERSTAND what's being explained with respect to MIDI, MIDI data, MIDI channels, MIDI routing, etc.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20