Originally Posted By: Tiger
[quote=Larry Kehl]re:Mixcraft

The problem was solved by setting the Kontakt player to "Omni", rather than a particular channel. I am not sure where in Mixcraft it specifies the channel/port it is sending info to the Kontakt player. It apparently isn't using the Port A/Channel 1 that seems to be the Kontakt default. (The input channel for MIDI devices is right there on the track, and I have that set to All.)

At some point, I will have to figure out how Mixcraft uses channels/ports to talk to the Player, but for right now I have put that aside in favour of actually working on music. Let me know if you know anything about that setting.

Anyone Interested,

I am writing this note for myself, as well as for anyone else interested. I now understand why Kontakt sometimes didn't play BIAB midi files exported into my DAW.

When BIAB exports a MIDI file from a project (a multitrack .MID file), each track is set to a different channel. For example, Piano on channel 3, Bass on channel 2, etc.

This is specified for each note; Each note in each track of the Midi file has a channel specified in properties. I should have realized this, but I kept looking for a setting in the DAW. Now I know I have to look at the properties of the notes for each track of the midi file, and see what Channel they are on. Once I do that, I set the correct channel in Kontakt and everything works fine.

This is why the Omni setting in Kontakt worked, because it was looking on all channels.

Thanks to everyone who gave input on this problem.

Glenn