Finished this very late for the challenge but better late than never I always say!

I wrote this quite quickly after finding out about the challenge, but it took a while to get it sounding how I wanted it to! I decided I wanted to write something positive, trying to capture the hope that this could help us create a better world in the future. I think the lyrics may be a little too on the nose... I think I need to work a bit more on getting the message across in metaphors!!

I've made use of the AAS Strum plugin again in this one, I liked it so much after picking it up in the Humble Bundle pack that I decided to take advantage of the offer they had going. I also used the Odesi with the AAS player to put together the synth bass and secondary melody that plays through the chorus. I used the Waves AudioTrack plugin on all of the tracks which is fast becoming my favourite plugin for how quickly it can help get things sounding how I want them to. I also used their Trueverb plugin on all of the tracks as well. On the vocals I also used WavesTune and DeBreath.

Style was initially _MIRRORS but I have only used the drums loop (Loop:Pop-Soul-RnB- ra_jule_90_h drums ev16.wav) from the original style and a Supertrack (Synth Ryhthm Rock 80's Miles Black) which was used for Strum plugin guitar.

Better World

Lyrics:

It might seem bad
It might seem like
It's the end of everything

With people sick
When we're indoors
And can't do anything
About it

But the truth is
That life's a game
And we've been playing it wrong

We gotta get through
We cannot give up
Cause when we
Walk out that door
Oh

I'll find that I need you
You'll find that you need me
We'll find a world where everyone
Understands

That we gotta love
That we gotta live
That we gotta work together
For that better world

So you can't go out
And there's nothing to do
But listen to the news

You might just feel bad
And you're starting to ask
About the things we all did wrong

Now it's time that you learn
How to play the game
So that everyone can win

We gotta get through
We cannot give up
Cause when we
Walk out that door

We'll find that I need you
We'll find that you need me
We'll find a world where we start to
Understand

That we gotta love
That we gotta live
That we gotta work together
For that better world

Last edited by RichardB1985; 04/08/20 07:39 AM.