Originally Posted By: MarioD
I totally agree with you about the concept of misinforming the public like that but if Fox is going to get sued then CNN, MSNBC, etc, would be next. I have seen them and even our local news give misinformation about this virus. I just hope we all don't go sue happy as we have more important things to worry about right now. YMMV

There's a difference between giving misinformation, and knowingly mounting a disinformation campaign.

And there's mounting evidence that Fox media knowingly promoted a false narrative.

For example, Fox downplayed the seriousness of the Coronavirus to viewers, saying that the outbreak was no worse than the common flu.

But at the same time, network executives told its employees that it was instituting telecommuting, reducing studio bookings, canceling the audience of "The Greg Gutfeld Show" and "reducing the staff footprint at our headquarters" in response to the virus.

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/25/murdoch-family-took-serious-precautions-against-coronavirus-as-fox-news-downplayed-risk-to-public/

Fox promoted a narrative that those warning of the Coronavirus danger were "panic pushers", engaged in "mass hysteria", and that it was all an effort to try to bring down the president.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/mar/17/fox-news-coronavirus-outbreak-trump

Since that point, the tone at Fox has changed drastically.

And certainly, not everyone at Fox media accepted that narrative. For example the above article quotes Carlson Tucker:

Carlson, who in the past has demonized immigrants and described white supremacy as a hoax, criticized those making light of coronavirus more than a week ago, describing it as a “major event”.

“People you trust, people you probably voted for, have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem,” Carlson told viewers on 9 March, at the same time other Fox News hosts, and Trump, were doing that very thing.

“It’s just partisan politics, they say: ‘Calm down. In the end, this is just like the flu and people die from that every year. Coronavirus will pass, and when it does, we will feel foolish for worrying about it.’

“That’s their position. But they’re wrong.”

At the end of the day, Fox media's culpability is a matter for the courts to decide.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?