Hi Floyd ...

A flashback to better days. And yes, John Prine's contributions to songwriting have few equals. He reminded me of Tom T. Hall in one way ... his songs always said something worthy of the listen: good stories and lesson on life. In another way, I can contrast him with Harlan Howard: very prolific, just gets to the heart of the story and offers stories about the common man that so many can relate to.

This is one of my very favorites from you.The lyric says so much without over-complicating things. The gradual build of the backing tracks ... waiting until the last quarter of the song to introduce the drums. I love songs that start out teasingly soft and, increment by increment add just enough new backing, at the perfect places, to build the tension and interest. In other words, also something new to anticipate and when it arrives, you just gotta say, "Wow, this gets better and better - can't wait to hear the rest of it."

Other than my time with Di, this is the best three minutes I've enjoyed in quite some time. Many thanks for that.

Wishing you and yours the very best. Please stay safe.

Alan

PS: Di and I were tested for COVID 19. Both came back negative.

Last edited by Al-David; 04/14/20 10:00 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops