Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very nice, Hans!

I enjoy listening to songs sung in languages other than English, it lets me concentrate more on the melody.
My wife has a Dutch background, both her parents are from Holland and they moved here after the war. She is not fluent, but she could pick out quite a few of the phrases you were singing.

Track sounds good too, nice arrangement; I like the way you are bringing in the piano.

Hi Dave, thanks for your nice comment. Does your wife knows these Dutch words after so long? My sister lives in Australia for a lot of years. She had some difficulty with the meaning of some words. When that happens, you have to come back to the Netherlands right away for holidays. Well... after the corona-danger of course. But you can ask your wife to sing along with the song? Remember; practise, practise and practise. Maybe you can make a blues on it by then ;-)

And yes, I liked managing to let the piano play like this. in the Daw I added more sound of the Grand Piano on it. I also made two tracks of the piano. All to make it sound fuller in a natural way. Your comment gave me the feeling I succeeded in that effort.

Thanks,
Hans

Last edited by Birchwood; 04/16/20 12:49 AM.

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130