Originally Posted By: rayc
Sung with heart and yes, you used some of his touch stones.
Really nice arrangement and a vocal that has just the right amount of bruise.
Excellent.

Thanks, ray...

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Floyd,

I wrote Bob I didn't know John Prine, but I learned some of him on the internet. The other thing is I'm a bit familiair with your songs and I always like them. Can't tell if this one is your best or not, but it is certainly a very good song! That counts for all your songs until now...
I was only amazed of one tiny thing: At the time you sing "i left him back some time ago, to find what i thought he didn't know" there was also a mandoline coming in. But only for this line or even less. And it didn't come back. So a very short performance of that instrument. How come? I'm pretty sure you had an idea with that. I guessed that mr Prine did these kind of things too, but that wasn't the case as far as I could hear from several videos on YouTube. So tell me what were your considerations?

Thanks for the song,
Hans

Thanks, Hans. What you are hearing as a mandolin is an acoustic guitar - 3198:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist PopBalladBrent Ev 065. The short phrase that you refer to is simply an interlude between the end of the first chorus and the opening of the 2nd verse (a time honored tradition). That guitar is, in fact, used again later - leading in to the solo and then as the soloist in the 2nd half of the solo...