You have a very haunting voice Steve. I cried on this song because I lost my mother in 2017 form a brain tumor called a Gleioblastoma; one of the most aggressive tumors that exist. This explains my story exactly! Take the long way home I don't want to be alone, in a house as empty as a shell. What relates to me here is that when you loose somebody that you loved your whole life all of a sudden is gone; and you are in a house as empty as a shell, and the chair that they used to sit in is now empty, and the place that they used to sit at the dinner table is now empty from their absence. And you are taking the long way home because you don't want to be there without having them there. Also, the line I know that I'll be fine, It's just gonna take some time
For me to learn just how to say farewell. Yes, this is a very powerful line because you know that years from now you will be fine, but it's not always that easy learning how to say farewell to someone that was so near and dear in your life. The part about I knew it happened everyday, the words that no one wants to hear and to me that was cancer that was in my mom, because it just happened all of a sudden, and you just don't know what to say because this disease is so devastating when someone gets it to me cancer to others something else, like the "corona virus" They don't know were to go from here, because after you've lost that loved one you are really confused and you really don't know what to do.I never thought it would be you, it had to be somebody else, because you never think of the things that happen that are so serious we all take these things for granted and all of a sudden wham it happened to someone you know and loved. And the part that is a real heart wrenching part of this song is, If i could choose between the two I'd gladly offer up myself. This means to me, you would rather it be you than them, in my case my mom. I told her if I could take her place I would. I broke down your song because you touched my heart in a way that nothing else has in a long time since my mom passed away. Thanks for the great song. I know that my mom is in such a better place I miss her so much.

Last edited by trapper456; 05/01/20 09:43 PM. Reason: Checking for spelling errors

Music is an expression that is a universal language, Never criticize anybody to harshly. They need time to grow but when they do, they do. Always be kind in what you say and do because the man upstairs is watching.