Yes, you heard correctly, this is both jazzy and 'experimental' to boot! shocked
So you're in for some pretty Avant Garde snuff here, and I'm not going to be the least surprised or miffed in the slightest if this one gets a pass from most if not all of you grin

But just in the off chance someone here takes that trippy trip, here's some outline of what you are about to get yourselves into by giving this one a shot, and for a change I'll start with the fundamentals, for some sense of familiarity if nothing else:

****** Song Summary ******

Title: Dim the Nights

Key: Cm , Tempo: 90
Style: WlzModal.STY
Melody harmony: Miles + Tenor in Octaves(90)
Soloist: Ballad1 Sw. Ballad - Tenor (280)
Style MIDI Instruments: Acoustic Bass (33), Acoustic Piano (1),
MIDI Drums: 33 Jazz Drums (33)
Plugins: EZ Drummer, PG's own Acoustic Bass & some quality soundfonts for the Mtd Trumpet, Ten. Sax & Piano.

Now, the original idea for this little weirdness comes from a simple complaint my dad made about his little keyboard where he said "I just wish I could do dim chords on it" - and that tiny seed gave me the idea to outright base an entire song from the dim chord concept. This in turn lead me to look up the only 7-note scale I knew to include a dim, which is the "locrian" scale of white notes from B-B on a keyboard (genuinely had to look all of this up myself, btw). From that I now built a chord set of 7 chords, all using only notes of that particular scale, and presto - a chord sheet started to form (the A-part if you notice is simply all those 7 chords in descending order, btw).
Next was to figure out what on earth to actually play over this weirdness, and for this I turned to the Melodist - firmly expecting the outcome would be something utterly hilarious! - but to my surprise, the program somehow managed to come up with a melody that genuinely makes sense, if not weirdly pretty, even. And that's why I'm sharing this little 'experiment' smile

YT link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMH4Nxm9ZG0

SC link: https://soundcloud.com/eddie-icelander/dim-the-nights

p.s. I have to hand it to the makers of BBox, I never in a million years would've made a thing like this before I got this program cool

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)