Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve

Beautifully done - superb vocal and lyric. Just lovely.

Best wishes from here in Australia we can see you are all doing it very tough over there.

Peter

Thanks, Peter! Appreciate your kind words about the song, and especially your best wishes from Australia! This is definitely a situation that connects us together all over the world. Best wishes to you from the USA as well!

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Stephen,

Again, a beautiful song from you with that nice, dark voice of yours. Very sensitive and good lyrics.
Very good production all together.
One little observation: I noticed on SoundCloud your song sounded -slightly- better than on the video. How come? My ears?

Cheers,
Hans

Thank you, Hans, for your very kind words! I think it probably depends on when you stream the song. Since Vimeo is predominantly video, it probably has times that it can more easily be overloaded, due to all the video streaming that people all over the world are doing, during a practically world-wide time of shelter at home. Video takes up a much larger bandwidth than audio does. So probably best to watch my video at about 3am. smile

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Steve, your voice gives me shivers, it expresses the fragile life simply perfectly. The simple arrangement with long holds leaves room for thoughts while listening to those deeply touching words. Strings and the fiddle complete the masterpiece. I just cannot listen to another song after this breathtakingly beautiful melody and words.

Janne

Janne, you are too kind! I so appreciate you generous comment on my song, and I am so glad you like it. Thanks so much for taking time to listen and post your thoughts. Blessings to you...

===

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann