It’s wonderful

If you open the midi in BIAB you can follow the chords on screen. It’s a pgmusic MIDI and BIAB displays the chords. You can silence drum and bass and choose other accompaniment.

I know this because the original software gives very strange sheet results in Windows 8-10. I was disappointed, but dragging the midi files in BIAB gives you the right chord changes.

It’s very intricate, I said it’s beyond Mark Levine, but that’s not all true. Advanced things I learned from Levine (on slash chords for instance or the “Kenny Barron” chord, the use of phrygian) are omnipresent. And, though I think Renee Rosnes is the big star of the session, Miles Black shows he has some advanced stuff down, also.

I hope Miles Black could one day help us, mortals, to better understand the music (especially what Renee Rosnes does, cause it’s all Hancock, Beirach, Tyner...) on this very underrated piece of software. I’d gladly pay for this tutorial.

With Modern Jazz Pianist, Pgmusic was on the cutting edge of modern jazz. i hope they repeat it one day with todays’ players.

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com