Howdy Floyd ...

Been away from the Showcase the past couple of days for the usual reasons. But, man ... what a great way to comeback for some wonderful listenin'! Both are great versions ... not fair to compare as they were done at different times in a different music climate. Both were excellent.

Your BIAB version gave me a Vern Gosdin vibe ... both vocally and musically. And in my book ... it doesn't get much better when you're talking country music. We lost a good one when "The Voice" passed a couple of years back. But this Floyd Jane guy can present a great song about as good as Vern did. And that back-up gal on vocals is pretty darn good, too. As far as I'm concerned, you could have stepped in right behind Vern and kept the true country sound at its best. It would have been a gift to traditional country music.

Shannon reminded me a bit of Janie Fricke. Too bad Shannon's career never got more push.

Thanks for some marvelous listening. I played this style for many, many years and it's near and dear to me. Your music always puts a smile on my country heart. I appreciate that. Thanks!!!

Wishing you the best. Be safe ...

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 05/14/20 04:51 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops