Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
got enough midi .
need good sample libs.
problem ive found talking to some
musos is everyone buys the nice
orch libs so a danger of all
sounding same.
frankly ive started makin my own sounds.

OK, if the Spitfire BBC offering is not your cup of tea. No problem, but I am confused about what you really are looking for? These are not midi synth sounds but do require a midi controller/keyboard. These are very well respected recordings of actual live orchestral instruments. I think the term "orchestral library samples" is exactly what these are. And regarding sounding all the same, this library (like all the upper end stuff) allows you as composer and arranger to control articulations via external midi controls. And oh, by the way, how are you making you own orchestral sounds?

Here is a guy working with this specific orchestral library https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjOS4AfqoEs&t=1360s

Perhaps if you want to continue your query you need to clarify for us what Deryk suggested..

Quote:
Do you mean you are looking for loops, MIDI patches, etc? Perhaps if you elaborate we could advise better. smile

Anyway, good luck in your music making.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper